Useful Information

Support Group for Parents of children with SEN
Phone: 01248 752964

General Enquiries about Special Educational Needs: Anglesey’s Education Department
Phone: 01248 752922

The Statutory Assessment Process and Statementing:- SEN Joint-Committee, Plas Llanwnda, Caernarfon
Phone: 01286 679177

Educational Psychology Departmentx
Phone: 01248 752952

Early Years SEN Coordinator

Every child and young person is unique, and each one requires support to become an effective individual. Some children learn more easily than others. We must ensure that they receive the appropriate support to reach their full potential.

If a child has any difficulty in learning, they may have a special educational need (SEN). If you believe that your child has any difficulty, it is important that you share your concern with an appropriate professional person.

If your child is not yet of school age, you can speak to your health visitor, GP, early years practitioner (in your playgroup or nursery). If your child currently attends a mainstream school, you can speak to their class teacher, headteacher or ask for the school’s Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO).

If you find it difficult to talk to school staff or anyone else who works with your child for any reason, you can contact SNAP for support and impartial advice via the link or by phoning 01248 674 999.

Further information:

NASEN - National Association for Special Educational Needs
SNAP Cymru - cymorth a chyngor / support and advice